Introduce yourself!

Hello folks, My name is Shirley Fuertes, I am from Bolivia. I am new to P2PU; I want to learn more about Learning Circles, exchange knowledge and meet others folks. I am so happy to join this wonderful community.
My Greetings

4 Likes

Hi I am Olwi elbiuomy working as consultant in woman health care I am very interesting to learn and educate among the globe in the field of healthcare management and save the life my experiences in learning among the globe when I contact for the first time at Harvard and Stanford university after that extended through about 7courses at coursera and open WHO &UNICEFā€¦ this the first time to enroll in that great creating platform itā€™s my pleasure to communicate with all of you and keep going
My Regards

3 Likes

Hi. My name is Julie Chahal. My interest in lifelong learning has led me to create lecture series (www.welu.ca), encourage community access to information as a past trustee of our local library and helping others get on line, write a practical guide to retirement (www.happily-retired.com) and consult to small businesses (www.polygonconsulting.com). I have been looking for something like learning circles and see that I may need to create some. My latest discovery has been a subscription to the Great Courses streaming, but the courses would be much more satisfying with fellow studiers.

4 Likes

Hi there, my name is Mariah Hachmeister in Raleigh, NC, USA. I am wrapping up my MS degree in Sustainable Food Systems and wrote my thesis on reducing household food waste. I am hoping to use P2PU to create a course / learning circle on this topic!

3 Likes

Welcome Carroll! Always delightful to meet new circlers - looking forward to learning from you too!
Cheery
Chris

Hi & welcome Anita! I feel like Iā€™ve spent a lot of time in Mecklenburg because Iā€™ve read all the Temperance Brennan books :wink: - but Iā€™d love to visit one day :slight_smile: Looking forward to learning with you and from you!

Hello & welcome Lanham! Great to hear that youā€™re already using learning circles, what topics or courses did they explore?

1 Like

Good morning! Iā€™m a public librarian with an interest in the arts, so I started 2 draft learning circles that are related to that: MOMA on photography, and the Smithsonian on American history told through objects. But Iā€™m still just learning what this is all about. Our group is working on the facilitation module of Learning About Learning Circles this week.
Have a good day, Chris!
Best, Lanham

2 Likes

Hi from Finland! Iā€™m Laila and I will participate EU funded Learning Circles in Libraries -project. I do not know so much about learning circles yet, but Iā€™m eager to learn. I will hopefully have a learning circle about Elements of Artificial Intelligence. I think that knowing the basics of artificial intelligence will be part of the general education in the future. Nice to be part of this community.

3 Likes

Hi Laila! Welcome! Weā€™ve very much enjoyed getting to know Piia and Tuulikki and we look forward to getting to know you as well! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ha! Peerbot is our dear friend! Great to hear from you Lanham.

Welcome Betty! Weā€™re happy to have you :slight_smile:

Hi @Shirley_Fuertes Welcome! Do you live in Bolivia currently or somewhere else? We think this kind of practice is universal so it might work well in Bolivia as well.

Hope to stay in touch,
Nico from P2PU

1 Like

Greetings @Dr_Olwi_Elbiuomy_Hus. Welcome! Where do you find yourself these days? Are you interested in starting your first learning circle?

Iā€™m saying hi but I donā€™t see responses from others yet so am not sure Iā€™m in the right place.

2 Likes

Ha! @Andy_Nash I was thinking the same thingā€¦hello, all! Trish

2 Likes

Hello. My name is Jordan Neal from Champaign Public Library! Hello everyone!

3 Likes

Hello from Angie this is a little unnerving but in a good way

2 Likes

This is Kristen, from Prince William Public Library System in Northern Va. waves hand Iā€™m excited to bring this fun program to our customers, and learn along with them!

2 Likes

Hello & Greetings from St. Louis, Missouri! I am so excited to start facilitating learning circles.

2 Likes