Introduce yourself!

Welcome, Maggie! So many exciting ideas to talk about. I’m based in Kingston, Ontario, where do you find yourself? I would love to hear more about your global university :slight_smile:

Hello all,
My name is Janet and I am an adult services librarian in Charlotte NC. I am missing my branch, customers, and co workers during quarantine. I am excited to learn more about P2PU and to utilize the resources here for 2 upcoming learning circles. In an effort to try and get more exercise while home, I just learned that jumping rope at 49 years old is really hard!!
Wishing good health to all!

2 Likes

Hi Janet, Welcome :slight_smile: We’re big fans of your team in Charlotte! You’re colleagues Ulonda and Hilary have been helping us develop a resource for virtual learning circles that I hope will be helpful for you soon. Hope to stay in touch. (PS- 30 years ago I earned a silver in double dutch, and decided to end my jump rope career on a high note and never return…)

1 Like

Thanks Nico. So nice to connect. Love the rope jumping reference!

1 Like

Hello everyone,

My name is Rob Smith, and I’m a librarian assistant at the Charlotte Mecklenburg Public Library here in NC. I’m joining the P2PU community to help my community in continuing connections through learning opportunities, and I hope to learn a lot about some of the great things that go on here!

1 Like

Hello
I’m Hashib from Bangaldesh I’m 24 years old And I’ve completed my BBA course two years ago. I’m here for learn more with experienced people. Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for that. I met up with some people from the Sveriges Arbetares Centralorganisation a while ago. This is a Swedish industrial union which uses Study Circles

1 Like

Hi everyone. I’m Stian and I was one of the co-founders of P2PU way back when :slight_smile: I have not been active in this community for many years, focusing more on my studies. I did a PhD on collaborative learning with technology (very much inspired by P2PU), spent four years of a post-doc building an open source system for collaborative learning, and now am working at the Minerva Project, a new kind of university.

I’m still extremely interested in learning and collaboration. Recently I’ve gotten into an interesting community around Roam Research, which is ostensibly a note-taking app, but actually goes much farther - the community around it includes a lot of people interested in things like Memex, knowledge sharing, learning in public (with the garage door open) etc. And now that I have a bit more stability in my life, I find there are many things I want to learn personally - from going back to the classics of pedagogy, to philosophy, neuroscience etc. And I realize that there aren’t really any good communities for doing that on the Internet… At least not in the way I want :slight_smile:

I realize I’m not really in the target group of P2PU right now (I’m one of those over-educated people who took to online learning early), but I figured there might be people in this community interested in discussing pedagogy and learning, and sharing ideas. The discussions we had on the P2PU mailing list 10 years ago were some of the richest I’ve ever had (I’m hoping to go back and re-read some of it gradually).

I’ve made some very rough notes on things I’m thinking about here: https://notes.reganmian.net. I am also doing a newsletter on networked thinking and learning, where I’m planning to also revisit a lot of the ideas around connectivist MOOCs, peeragogy, learning circles etc. https://networkedthought.substack.com.

Happy to know you all! :slight_smile:
Stian

2 Likes

Welcome back, Stian :slight_smile:

Hi There,
My name is Timothy from Kenya. I am very excited to be part of this community. My area of interest is online facilitation. Especially now that the world including our country has been forced to go the eLearning way due to the ongoing pandemic. I realize that most of our teachers were not ready for this. I therefore want to be part of such learning circles within my region and contribute accordingly. Thanks.

Hello everyone, I am very happy that I could join such a wonderful community.

1 Like

Hello Timothy,
Great to have you join us. Have you taken a look through our latest handbook p2pu.org/virtual-handbook ? It details some of what we have learned about online facilitation that might have helpful for you. Our partner from the Kenya National Library Service was involved in helping us shape this resource.
Hope to see you start your first learning circle soon,

Nico

Thanks @Nico_Koenig for the warm welcome and this useful handbook. I am also taking the course on facilitating learning circles. I should be in a position to start my first learning circle when done.

Tim.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, My name is Germila Saint-Jean from Haiti.I am new to P2PU and i am here to keep learning, exchanging and meet others.I am so happy to join this wonderful community.
My Greetings

2 Likes

Bonjour Germila,
Good to have you here! Over the past year, I have noticed a number of learning circles that have run in Haiti, yet, we have never spoken with any of them so little is known about how they worked. How did you first hear of P2PU? Are you planning to start your first learning circle?
Bonne chance,

Nico

1 Like

Thank you for the welcome P2PU. I am a public teacher in the Philippines teaching Grade 2 learners in our place namely province of Lanao del Norte. I am excited and interested on how I can learn more through P2PU circle. Hope to learn from all of you and I hope someday I can also contribute in return. Thank you so much and God Bless to you po.

3 Likes

Hi, my name is Anita Robles. I work for Charlotte Mecklenburg Library in Charlotte, North Carolina. My library currently provides Learning Circles on diverse topics using P2PU courses. I haven’t done any myself yet, but I am eager to learn about P2PU and Learning Circles.

4 Likes

Hi, everyone! I’m Lanham Bundy, here from Providence Public Library, in Providence RI. We use learing circles now and are thinking of adding new ones. So far so good on my orientation, I feel like Peerbot and I really hit it off! (ᵔᴥᵔ)

5 Likes

Hello all, my name is Jade Lopez. I work at the Providence Public Library in Providence, RI and am currently involved in a learning circle about learning circles! I am very excited to work through this with others!

6 Likes

Hi There,
My name is Betty Tavares. I am glad to be part of this community and I’m excited to learn more about Learning Circles. Hope I can achieve more ability that can help me as teacher at the Providence Public Library. Recently I learned more tools that helped me to work remotely.

4 Likes