Accountibility Partners / Accountibility Groups

Good morning from Tokyo,
This is human nature: we are willing to swallow the world starting a new learning project, then time make our motivation crumble and we drop out or postpone or just forget everything in the first place. I experienced it from time to time years ago.
From time to time, we get to read about or (for those of us who are lucky enough) to meet with inspiring performers, achievers, and those I personally enjoy meeting with: overachievers, higher performers.
It is not about only learning for the sake of it, that I am willing to facilitate LC. It is about building a kind of relations with able and willing people that want to make things happen in their life that could be potentially a game-changer for all of us.
Casual or therapeutic learning aside (this can be a goal by itself), some of us want/need to build and follow a serious learning path to acquire skills that matter, personally, professionally, socially, in a congruent way.
This is hard enough work to commit oneself in building a new career, make change thru learning or explore new paths. Facilitators with the necessary tough love can play a motivating key and hopefully inspiring role. But as they learn too, they must be and probably want themselves to be held accountable as much as the next guy/girl in the group.
I am searching for this type of person right now in Tokyo and online. I am searching for insights from facilitators that want to get held accountable among their peers and by doing so, learn ways to build/use/discuss engaging accountability tools, methods.
If you have advice on "How to build an accountable group, find accountability partners, build an (accountability) mastermind, or on accountability templates, docs, or whatever can allow us to start a group, please let us know.
I’d love to find the best possible way to hold myself and others in a learning group accountable as co-learners or co-facilitators.

1 Like

Hi Adrien,

Good question about finding encouraging accountability amongst the group. At the beginning of a learning circle, it’s important for those participating to check-in and share their goals and set the tone that everyone should be prepared to support one another. The plus/delta at the end also reinforces the idea that the group collectively is responsible for making the next week better for everyone.

I’ve never used Enrol Yourself’s Hey Buddy tools, but I like how they look.