Release: Improved learning circle management page

Big update to share!

After a fruitful meeting with the User Experience working group earlier this year, we’ve given this page a full facelift, and we’re excited to share it with you!

Update 2021-01-06: this is released and can be accessed from your dashboard

:eyes: See the new LC Management page :eyes:

P2PU Learning Circles (2020-12-15 16-34-15)
Screenshot of the new learning circle management page. Click to view full-size.

^ Video walkthrough of the page and its features. (View on Youtube for closed captions)

:thinking: What’s changed?

All of the tools and functions of the current page (see screenshot) are still present in the new design. While we haven’t added any brand new features yet, we think this is a much clearer presentation of the functions needed to run a learning circle as well as a great canvas for what can come next.

Meetings

We’ve changed to a linear representation of a learning circle, showing the path from start to finish: publishing the sign-up page (if submitted as a draft), tasks for each meeting, and collecting feedback surveys at the end.

Learners

In response to requests from facilitators, we’ve separated out the learner contact information and hidden the survey response questions by default to cut down on visible text on the page.

Messages are now much tidier. It’s easier to see when automatic messages will go out, and you no longer have to scroll past all of the content from messages past. You can also see where messages will go out in the context of each learning circle meeting.

Tell us what you think!

We’d love to hear your thoughts:

• Does this feel like an improvement to the current page?
  • Is there anything you’d change?
  • What new features or functionality would you like to see on this page?
2 Likes

This is much better. It looks a lot tidier, providing a quick overview with the ability to get to what I need without a lot of scrolling.

At present, I can only edit the reminder message just a couple of days before it is sent. Will I now be able to edit these for all the upcoming meetings?

3 Likes

Julie asks a great question!

Also, with messages, I’m sure I’ve mentioned this before but I would love to be able to write up my own message and schedule it to go out on a later date of my choosing as well as to be able to insert hyperlinks and perhaps even make some text bold/italic, that sort of thing. Nothing too major, but enough that my welcome message one week early will look nice and professional.

I have to say, this new page looks so much nicer. It’s a more welcoming page, as well as being even more functional than the original. Thank you! If I think of anything else to add, I’ll let you know.

4 Likes

Definitely an improvement! Provides information in a more “digestible” format. Well done.

3 Likes

@Becky_Margraf I just clicked on the link to edit the automated message to be sent two days before our first meeting and I got a “Page not found” message. Is this a known issue?

Hmm, we haven’t received any reports about that yet and I’m not able to replicate it on my end. I’ll send you an email to troubleshoot!