Introduce yourself!

hi am kIRIA TABISA STELLA, Thanks for reaching out! Out different topic on computer programming contains

Hi everyone - great to be here. I’ve been coming to the community calls for the last year or so, but I’m determined to be more active in the P2PU community moving forward! I am excited to see y’all on calls and create/participate/host learning circles :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey Megan, so great to have you! Let us know if we can do anything to help you get started.

You can check out our Knowledge Base to learn more about how to choose an existing course, how to create a course, and how to facilitate a learning circle.

We also have a community call at 12pm ET today on how to facilitate credit-bearing learning circles (event info), and we’d love to see you at any of our upcoming events! :sun_with_face:

Hello,

My name is Hasna, I studied Sociology at university and I am currently an employee at an international humanitarian organization.
I just discovered P2PU, eager to learn more about Learning Circles, interested in learning about new topics, so I hope it will be a valuable worth journey for me :slight_smile:

HI guys! am tsega memuye from Ethiopia. am project managemnt student.

Hello everyone!

I am Flavia from Zürich, Switzerland.
Hoping to advance the idea of P2PU here. :relieved:

1 Like

Hi Flavia, great to have you be a part of our community! :sun_with_face: Hope to meet you at one of our upcoming events.

We’re happy to help you get started with learning circles - let us know if you have any questions!

Hi there,
I’m Joey from Taiwan.
I just found P2PU idea amazing, and trying to know how it work, and then learn something from here.

1 Like

Hi Joey, welcome! Learning circles are free, peer-facilitated study groups for people who want to learn with others. Any group willing to meet on a regular basis to go through learning materials together can benefit from the learning circle model.

You can start learning more about learning circles by visiting our Knowledge Base sections on choosing courses, learning facilitation basics, and creating facilitator guides to help you adapt online courses.

Let us know how we can help! Hope to see you at one of our events this month :rocket:

1 Like

Hi. Am a part-time librarian, part-time bookseller, and full-time story lover. Am exporing the concept of Learning Circles to expand the library’s outreach and use of volunteers.

2 Likes

Hello, My name is Joan Divor. I’m retired from full time work as a Business Librarian from a county system in NJ, but I’m working part time at a local town library. I’m trying to see how I can apply my experience as a trainer and facilitator (with training on facilitating mastermind groups) to P2PU for our library community. Trying to figure out the similarities and differences between mastermind facilitation and learning circle facilitation. Exploring what might be of interest to business owners, entrepreneurs, and/or people making over age 50 transitions.

Hi Joan, we’re excited to have you! Our Knowledge Base has an introduction to the basics of facilitating peer learning, and our topic guide on Business & Entrepreneurship is designed to help facilitators find tips, resources, and popular courses on the subject.

Our next facilitator orientation is on July 13th (Info + RSVP), and it’s a great place to learn the basics of facilitation and to meet other facilitators new to the peer learning methodology! We’d love to have you.

Feel free to reach out to us at thepeople [at] p2pu [dot] org if you have other questions!

Hi Andrea, thanks for joining our community! The Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh created the We Learn Guide for Libraries designed to help libraries organize learning circles facilitated by volunteers. It contains a checklist assigning tasks to Organizers, Coordinators, and Hosts, and it offers practical advice on how to assess your library’s assets and your community’s needs.

We’d love to have you at our next facilitator orientation on July 13th (Info + RSVP), where we’ll introduce the basics of facilitation. You can also take a look at our topic guides to explore courses related to popular subjects!

Let us know how we can help you get started with learning circles. Happy to help!

Hi dear fellows
I’m Mortaza education professional worked as teacher, program officer, education consultant, and program coordinator. Really exciting about this opportunity to learn and share, make friends, build my career and professional network. looking forward to get in one of learning circle at P2PU community
very welcome to have chat about any mutual interest topics

Hi. I am an old retired guy. I love all thing computer related. I am also very fascinated in the process of learning how to learn.

Hi Todd, welcome to our community! Glad to have you. If you’re interested in joining a learning circle near you (or online), you can find upcoming learning circles here!

If you’re interested in starting a learning circle of your own to learn with other people who share your interests, a great place to start is our topic guide to Computer Programming that has courses and tips for facilitators interested in this subject. You can also check out our Knowledge Base to learn more about the basics of facilitation.

We’re hosting a monthly call on December 7th (RSVP) for current facilitators to ask questions and share experiences. We also have a Facilitator Orientation happening February 15th (RSVP), which is a great space to get a general overview to facilitation.

Let us know if you have any questions about getting started with learning circles - always happy to help!

Hi all , I’m from Jordan , I have main subject Earth and Environmental Science , and highly interested in sustainability and circular economy , Im here because I like people and like peer to peer learning , and wish it will be interesting Idea.

2 Likes

Hi Jordan, I’m really excited that you’ve joined us and would love to help you start a learning circle on this topic!

Anyone can start a learning circle to learn with other people who share their interests - here are the basics of facilitation! The Ellen MacArthur Foundation lists a variety of online courses about circular economics, and once you find a course that you’d like to facilitate (let’s use this one as an example), you can add it to our website. Once it’s added to our website, you can start a learning circle that other learners can join - here are some instructions!

For more ideas, you can visit ur topic guide on Climate Change designed to help facilitators find courses and tips on the subject.

We’d love to help you get started however we can, and you can email us at thepeople@p2pu.org with questions. You can also join our facilitator call on December 7th to ask questions and get support!

Hi , im Nesreddine from Algeria 25 yo . I am English student in Algeria , 3rd license of English departement . I like games and speaking with other peoples .

Hi! I’m Janet. I am the Business and Career Development Librarian for the Millwood Community in Spokane County. I’m curious to learn more about P2PU and to see how I can develop it to help my community.

1 Like