Feature request - Group workflow

Most courses at P2PU involve group work but, aside from the Disqus discussion forum at the bottom of each content page, there’s no visible place for groups to show what they’re doing and communicate about their progress or even cry for help.

Having a space on the site where groups can share and document their project as they’re doing it can help get a sense of what others are working on, express doubts and questions, encourage each other across groups as well.

I find Disqus less than ideal for this purpose because the posts are not gathered under 1 feature title unless people hit reply every time without starting a new thread. Hence, there wouldn’t be a specific space for each group.

I’ve considered external websites, such as social media, but it’s near impossible to get everyone on board on one platform!

I don’t know what is possible to do technically but I understand that participants cannot currently edit any of the content pages. Could we have some sort of tab on the left menu that would editable by participants?

I know developers are busy people so I’d like to hear some feedback on that idea.

• Would you find this useful?
  • Do you have another way of achieving the same result that doesn’t involve adding/tweaking a feature on the website?

P.S. This is a point I’ve just discussed with @clhendricksbc and she suggested posting the idea out here :wink:

You know, I just realized, that participants could edit parts of courses, but only if one makes them “administrators” for the course (or whatever the term is…can’t recall at the moment). That would allow all participants to edit any part of the course, though, which may or may not be desirable!

What about using this discourse site? I know the site is mostly geared towards the community stuff and not courses but this thought has crossed my mind a couple times.