Development handbook

I’ve been thinking a bit and I wonder if it would be useful to compose something like a development handbook. A place where we can say how we do things like

• backup
  • analytics
  • project management
  • i18n
  • deployment
  • UX guidelines

We have some of these, but it may be usefull to create a new git repository / wiki with all of this information? Does this seem too formal, not useful, too much work? What are the things that would need to be covered?

This would be super handful, but how do we get resources to do it? I suppose that this is again time taking task, or you had something else in mind?

Good idea, but nobody likes to write documentation. One way around that is to write with a more general audience in mind, when we share notes with each other. So, if Dirk sends an email to Erika about the backup system, he could instead post it somewhere and send her the link.

From the perspective of someone who is looking/just starting to get involved in the project this would be very helpful. It would be very time consuming. Philipp’s idea sounds like a great way to start casually compiling things.

@dirk the how we work ’ doc you shared covers the project management item pretty well