Certificate template

A number of facilitators like to give certificates at the end of a learning circle to help connote a sense of achievement and stronger connection between the library/learning center and learner.

29049641168_d8a8e0bc33_o

We’ve put together a template that you can use as a starting point for your certificates.

59%20PM

Good day,

To whom it may concern,

I have been running a learning circle for the past year and would like to use your template for certificate my dedicated learners. Us I also received one at a P2PU learning circle here in Hout Bay. I had a lot of struggles for when some people didn’t show and want to learn more tips and tricks on how to make them keep coming back.

Thank you in advance,
Maureen Plaatjies

1 Like

Hi @Maureen_Plaatjies,

Feel free to use the certificate linked in the 1st post. Here is an alternate template certificate that you can use. This is a certificate for participating in a learning circle. Some courses also have certificates you can get for completing the course, depending on the course platform, you may need to pay for them.

I’ve spoken with George before (I think you’re working together) and if I understand correctly, the way you’re running learning circles is by having a dedicated location and time when and where people can come and work on an online course? So not everyone is doing the same course or doing it at the same time?

I had a lot of struggles for when some people didn’t show and want to learn more tips and tricks on how to make them keep coming back

That can be tricky. My suggestion would be to not be too critical about people not coming back. It could be for many reasons that doesn’t indicate failure - they feel confident carrying on on their own, they identified that they don’t want to learn the specific topic, their life/work situation changed and it’s not possible for them to come anymore.

One way we address this, is by asking learners to set a goal when they start a learning circle. A goal can be anything, it doesn’t need to be about completing the online course. Here is a goal setting activity you can use for the first time a learner attends a learning circle.

At the end of a learning circle, we then ask learners if they’ve reached their goal? This way we can see if they are reaching their goal and dropping off, or if there is another way to support them.

ps. Great to see local learning circles, I’m based in Cape Town!