Your dream P2PU platform

It was either that or platform enhancements! :woman:t5::smiley: Has anyone else had learners ask for their own user account on the P2PU platform? I’ve had a couple of the participants wanting to track what learning circles they signed up for and potentially connect with other in the area learning similar things.

I personally would like something that allows potential/past learners to opt-in for alerts when there’s a new offering from us? This goes against the grain of living a digital life that’s less cluttered, but for stuff I’m interested in, I use it…

1 Like

I think I hear two different things, both of which are interesting - @Beatrice_Pulliam can you let me know what you think about this? @dirk I wonder what you think about learner accounts too.

• Mailing list of past learners - It would be very easy for us to aggregate everyone who has participated in a learning circle in Providence, and then use that as a mailing list to alert people of future learning circles. We recently added a question on the learning circle sign up for asking people to opt-in to future communication from us, so as long as they check that box, we could do this. I guess the question is whether it makes sense for P2PU or PPL to be the ones who hold on to that list and send the messages. Or it could also be automated, like you suggest, and people could just get alerts when a learning circle is created in their area.
  • Learner accounts - we were intentional in not requiring learners to have p2pu accounts, because we don’t want that to be a barrier to learning circle participation. However, we also haven’t dont anything to really tell learners what they could gain from getting an account. As you mention, I think doing that at the end of a learning circle is better than at the beginning. If we told people who finish learning circles to join, it would be fairly simple for them to do things like:
  • keep track of learning circles they’ve participated in
  • facilitate their own learning circle
  • advocate for learning circles in certain topics, connect with others in the area etc, using this forum.