Please give some feedback on this blog post

Here’s the link: http://info.p2pu.org/?p=2793&preview=true to the blog post, you’ll need to be logged in to view it.

ps. Is there a way to author a draft that is visible without having to log in?

GREEN

• I love that we ask each other for feedback on this stuff (and accept it). Makes Mozz feel fuzzies.

YELLOW

• Not sure I understand the definition of platform as explained here: “At the start of this year we mentioned that we would like to see the technology we build more like a set of tools that open educators can use rather than a single platform that you need to come to.” Maybe as a single platform to do everything for everybody?
  • I’d link to an explanation about OAuth. Even some techies don’t know about it (not me, certainly, because I’m not a nerd.
  • Do you want to add anything about asking for contributors to add features to Mechanical MOOC stuff?

Otherwise I think it’s great!

This paragraph now reads:

At the start of this year we mentioned that we would like to see the technology we build more like a set of tools that open educators can use rather than a single platform that you need to come to. Think of it as building with Lego rather than fitting puzzle pieces. You can read more about that here.

Does that sound less confusing? It’s difficult for me to know how other people will read and understand it :slight_smile:

How should we phrase it? I would love people to build prototypes like Tim’s! It will be good if we can get people to share their ideas before building, no?

You just introduced yourself as a nerd here on discourse :slight_smile: I changed the working a little, it now reads:

Implemented OAuth on p2pu.org to safe you from Yet Another Username & Password when logging into badges.p2pu.org.

I obviously don’t want to make people feel overwhelmed, but if people miss this point it’s not the end of the world.

@1L2P, @Erika, @bekka what do you all think about the post? The new title may make it seem too grand? Comments?

1 Like

Ask for contributors copy suggestion:

“Build a piece of P2PU–find us on GitHub”

“Got a tasty feature in mind? Reach out to our happy Tech Lead, Dirk.”

I like both! Would just point them here (thepeople.p2pu.org) instead of GitHub or at my inbox :smiley:

Yeah, let’s keep stuff that is happening on discourse. If there is a person that would like to be engaged I would also want to know or know of them.

About the OAuth, I am thinking that maybe it can not be mentioned by it’s quite vague name, perhaps you can just mention that there was work done to safe users from remembering one more password. But at the end of the day I don’t mind what you wrote whatsoever at all any way, so if you leave it like it is is quite fine by me.