New Course for MOOCers in between MOOCs--a MOOC Hostel/HalfWay House?

What I am about and what this is about

I have been involved on a nearly continuous basis with MOOCs over the last three years. One after the other. Sometimes I run across folks who are looking for convivial MOOC situations. I am thinking that I want a space where folks like this can stop for a moment of reflection, for a moment of quiet repose to consider where they might want to go, for a moment to help someone else or to ask for help as they consider their next port of call in their ongoing learning voyages.

I have been a MOOC facilitator, both official and unofficial, for #clmooc, #rhizo14, #ccourses as well as some P2PU courses as well. I am steeped in the cMOOC style especially and am working on bringing MOOCs to my students at Western Kentucky University.

I want this course to be for folks who are new to MOOCs and those who are old hands. I want to appeal to the sea cap’ns among us but also to the pirates at heart who approach MOOCs with a different flag.

2 Likes

Here is a kind of proof of digital concept for a start page for my community in a box. Here is a ‘thinglink’ iteration of this concept.

2 Likes

I saw this headline and was intrigued…then I came here and read more and found you! Small world, huh? :smile:
This sounds intriguing, and I too have been thinking about the next evolutions of our connectivist gatherings.
I’ll look forward to hearing more (as always).

1 Like

And I will look forward to stealing your ideas as always. BTW, my buddy Simon Ensor is looking for some guidance on creating a Make Bank. I have forgotten how you ended up pulling it together for Clmooc this past summer. Could we do a refresher hangout sometime soon so I can re-pick your brain and re-invent that wheel and absolutely mix that metaphor?

1 Like