Libraries and learning have always been connected. The activities they offer and the resources they provide contribute to and support successful learning. Today, however, contributing to and supporting learning may not be enough. Libraries can serve a more central role in designing and delivering high-quality programs that lead to learning outcomes that are purposeful and intentional rather than assumed or implied.
Six strategies for libraries to ignite learning are:
- Understanding and embracing the library’s role as a
- Offering high-quality learning experiences based on
research about what works.
- Building strategic partnerships to form learning
networks that broaden impact.
- Increasing staff capacity to support learning strategies.
- Designing spaces around learners’ priorities.
- Raising the library’s profile as a community learning