Introduce yourself!

My names are Clara Chilombo Shapi, I was motivated to join p2pu when i learnt about Learning Circles. Am hoping to take p2pu to my Library so that as a library we can assist the community with different kinds of programmes. I learnt that i can help the community with tutorials as course outline are readily available.

2 Likes

Hello! I am Tukiya. It is nice to be here. I work for a public library development organisation that serves vulnerable children and youth called Lubuto Library Partners in Zambia. The EIFL training course I am attending motivated me to join this P2PU community.We are learning about Learning Circles and your site was a recommended source to gain access to free courses. I am excited to learn more from the coursesā€™ content and promote skills development between and with patrons who visit our libraries, to their benefit. Regards.

2 Likes

my name is Mary mamba from Mongu provincial library in Zambia.am excited to be part of this group and looking forward to learning more about P2PU.

2 Likes

My name is Alice Musonda Mwape from Zambia working as a Librarian at Zambia Library Service HQ Public Library under Ministry of General Education in Lusaka province, Zambia.

I wish to enhance my skills on a number of topics for professional development and be able to share with others my experiences and learn from others. Thanks to EIFL for the training on learning circles from which I got to learn about the learning circles. Most importantly I wish to learn of ways to start learning circles in my Library.

1 Like

My name is Brendah Mkandawire,from Lusaka, Zambia.I work for Lubuto Library Partners
what motivated me to join P2PU is to improve and develop my professional skills , I hope to improve my skills on how to serve the library users better in different programs. i learnt about P2PU from EIFL.

1 Like

My name is Moses Mumba from Zambia Library Service in Lusaka, Zambia. i was motivated to join P2PU by the desire to extend our library services and carter for more community needs. I hope to help others learn new skills as well as benefit as myself an individual through learning some of the courses of my choice using learning circles.
I have learnt how to use the facilitatorā€™s dashboard and adding learners among other things in learning circles.

1 Like

Am Bridget from Zambia, am a librarian at Solwezi Provincial Library,i was motivated when i learned about the learning circles and the topic was so interesting.Am hoping to setup a p2pu community in Northwestern Province as Iam interested in learning from other experiences.

1 Like

I am Dominic Chitondo, a librarian at Kitwe City Council Public library, Zambia. Am happy and motivated to be part of P2PU and am hoping to learn a lot from this platform. This is really interestingā€¦

1 Like

Hi everyone, My name is Enesto Mwale from Lusaka, Zambia. I work for Lubuto Library Partners as an Art Associate\facilitator. I came to know about p2pu through the workshop. What am hoping to achieve is the knowledge and learn more about the learning circles.

1 Like

Greetings.My name is Constance Chilipa am a provincial librarian working at the Solwezi Provincial library, responsible for overseeing all the libraries in North -western Province. Through The EFIL Training conducted in Lusaka Zambia, i got to know about P2PU. Am excited to be part of this community and hope to learn and exchange ideas on how to successfully facilitate my own learning circles

1 Like

Hi everyone!
I am Alekos, a core member of the ā€œP2P Labā€ research collective focused on the Commons and based in Greece. I work on the convergence of convivial technologies, commons and non-formal education so I am strongly interested in P2P U community.
I hope that weā€™ll find ways to collaborate, share knowledge and experience.

As a first action, I will form and share an experiential game that I have created, it is based on the game of musical chairs and itā€™s called ā€œHow to talk about the Commons transition in non-expert audiences?ā€

best,
alekos

1 Like

Hello
My name is Jones Shamalambo from Kafue Town in Zambia. Am founder and Chief Executive Officer for a Local Non Governmental Organisation Lakeshore Hope and Relief Zambia http://www.lhrzambia.wordpress.com
I have been working with vulnerable youths in rural parts of Zambia for more than 7 years and discovered the most young people need functional education and entrepreneurship skills to graduate from poverty.
In this regard am more motivated to have found this one place where all interested parties and actors in the sectors are sharing innovative ways they are contributing to building a better world. There can not be any better place than this.
I intent to set up a centre in my community to provide a platform and access point where young people particularly the vulnerable can acquire life skills to enhance their skills for employment and entrepreneurship
Am looking forward to interacting and learning from all on what works and what can be improved.

Hi Sophia,

I am the evaluation partner for P2PU and their IMLS project of which the Hillsborough County Libraries are a part. I will be collecting and anlyzing participation data as well as other information about Hillsborough and the other five library systems throughout the country that are part of the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS study). Our goal is to study how well Learning Circles (LCs) work in various environments with an effort to design support systems which further the success of LCs.

From your comment it sounds as if overall attendance may be a challenge for your particular branch. Is that due to size, location, programs offered, or other community dynamics that you are aware of? Since your post have you had any success in determining which LC topics would be best for your population? If so, what LCs are you thinking of or have started? Would you be interested in connecting with other facilitators from other cities that initially had start-up problems and now have two or more successful LCs under their belt?

Please consider me as a guide/tool to access information. As I learn more about each system I will also make regular posts to share information.

Hi Wendy,

I am the evaluation partner for P2PU and their IMLS project of which the Hillsborough County Libraries are a part. I will be collecting and anlyzing participation data as well as other information about Hillsborough and the other five library systems throughout the country that are part of the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS study). Our goal is to study how well Learning Circles (LCs) work in various environments with an effort to design support systems which further the success of LCs.

What training did you attend? Was it locally facilitated and/or supported by P2PU? Since that time have you determined what types of LCs would be good for your branch? Would you be interested in connecting with other facilitators from other cities that initially had start-up problems and now have two or more successful LCs under their belt?

Please consider me as a guide/tool to access information. As I learn more about each system I will also make regular posts to share information.

Hi Megan,

I believe we met at the P2PU conference in Kansas City ā€“ I am the evaluator for the IMLS study. I have begun reaching out to your librarians that are posting hereā€¦in case they ask!!

Thank you for reaching out! Iā€™ve actually not had sufficient time to really delve into exploring LC topics as much as Iā€™d like. I will probably not be able to do so until November. Iā€™ll certainly keep your offer in mind when I get to that point.

I am looking forward to work on this group as coordinator for p2pu in zambia and very enthusiastic to start the trainings as well

Hey everyone,
Iā€™m Davi, 20. Iā€™m a Civil Engineering student in Brazil. Iā€™ve been searching for a couple weeks about inovation and creativity, looking for ways to learn more and develop skills related to these topics, so I found about P2PU. Iā€™m really looking forward to meet new people from all around the globe and be part of this community. Hope I can learn a lot with you guys and also teach everything I can. I open to talk about anything you want.

1 Like

Hi Davi,

Great to see you here! If you have recommendations for support peer learning or learning circle programs in Brazil, we would surely be interested in hearing more from you.

Keep in touch!

1 Like

I guess a good way to start is making people know what is a learning circle and peer learning. It took me a bit of time to get here and start to understand those topics. I see a great promissing market at state univetsities here. I mean, not market, but a great scene where it could be introduced and be developed, and Iā€™m excited to try this where I study, just got to get to know a little more before going out with the idea.