Introduce yourself!

Hello everyone, my name is Edgar Ornelas. I am from Mexico, but now live in Paris. It is here that I organized my first Learning Circle. I am an EdTech student and have experience working as a teacher, as psychotherapy and project coordinator for educative initiatives.
I love the idea behind Learning Circles and now I am looking forward to organizing more Circles around the city.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Learning Circle pilot in Adelaide

Hi, its my first time interacting with a virtual community around educational topics. We donā€™t have P2PU community or learning circles in my city. In the future I would like to be involved in creating one. I am interest in learning of others experiences.

Maria from Ecuador.

1 Like

Hi Maria!

We have a community list serve that would probably be a better place for you to help get learning circles started in your city. If youā€™re interested in this, you can join here: https://groups.google.com/a/p2pu.org/forum/#!forum/community

Hope to see you there!

ā€“ Grif

Hello,
My name is Jonetani Nasilasila Jnr, I am originated from Fiji and i am 16 years old. I do love
music, both playing and singing.
i also love to teach people what i learn.

jonetanijunior.nasilasila@gmail.com ~ thatā€™s my email address
please do get in touch with me if you need more information!

thank you!

hello my name is abhishekkaushal. i am from delhi.

welcome everybody
My name is Kamal from Algeria I have 47 years of age I want to teaming to this impact and I am new here, what can I take advantage of this

Hi Everyone!
My name is Purity Kavuri-Mutuku I am a senior librarian working at Kenya National Library Service, Nakuru-Kenya. I am a facilitator of learning circles in our branch. This is the very first time fr a public library in Kenya to introduce learning circles hence i hope to learn tips on how to motivate people to join P2PU

2 Likes

Hello all,

My name is Aneeq, I hail from Hyderabad, India. I graduated last year and have been dabbling in the education space ever since.

I am currently looking to create a Peer Learning Course on the Basics of Programming

While I have a decent idea about the content that it will comprise of, I am a complete novice in the idea of peer learning. To begin with What are the fundamental design considerations in a Peer-to-Peer course?

Would love to interact with everyone here.

Cheers!

Hi @aneeq - have a look at http://howto.p2pu.org/. Itā€™s a course that steps you through creating a peer-to-peer course. It covers the technical aspects to create an online course and also some design considerations for a Peer-to-Peer course. I wouldnā€™t call it an extensive guide on ā€œthe fundamental design considerations in a Peer-to-Peer courseā€ though :slight_smile:

Hello to all !! New member on this community.

Somos Desguaces La CabaƱa (ver sitio web), un grupo de desguaces repartidos por la zona norte de EspaƱa, especializados en la baja de vehƭculos y en la venta online y fƭsica de piezas de recambio de segunda mano.

Hey guys,

Started using the platform yesterday and Iā€™m quite impressed so far! Good choice of learning stuff and very intuitive.

Couldnā€™t see a ā€˜Whitepaper resourceā€™ though. Has anyone found one?

Thanks,

Rick

Hi there @Robinson , Iā€™m glad youā€™re finding it useful! You canā€™t find a whitepaper resource because there isnā€™t one. What are you looking to find?

Also, you should know that there is a more active community discussion for learning circle related work hereā€“> https://groups.google.com/a/p2pu.org/forum/#!forum/community

@grif i have found the resources i was looking for on Retailwire. Thanks for sharing community link. Good to see the engagement this community is enjoying!

Greetings from the Boston Public Library in Boston, Massachusetts! My name is Jessica Elias and I oversee our group instruction classes at our library branches. Weā€™re really excited to start to facilitate a few Learning Circles in the Spring; as this will help us be able to offer group learning on topics and subjects we havenā€™t yet been able to cover. In particular, we are really looking forward to incorporating classes that would benefit our large groups of new Bostonians and English language learners - from everything to practicing English to covering Citizenship topics - as Citizenship and Immigration have been areas of major focus lately, I believe this would be a strong benefit for our users. Looking forward to more discussions here!

1 Like

Hello everyone!

Weā€™re merging our introductions onto this forum after more than 90 introductions on our Google Group. Iā€™ll start!

My name is Nico Koenig and I live in Ottawa, Canada but soon to make the transition to small town Kingston, Ontario. Iā€™ve been working with P2PU for a year and a half as their Community Lead. A big part of my work is supporting the wider community of P2PU friends, facilitators, educators and making sure that this initiative remains community-driven. Youā€™ll also see me thinking a lot about how we support others to learn about learning circles. My goal, with your help, is to empower educators like you and create high-quality learning programs in public and accessible spaces around the world!

Iā€™ve been working in the funny world of adult education and community development for the past 10 years or so. I love creating opportunities and spaces for people to learn together in non-traditional, alternative and creative ways. Speak to me about lifelong learning, non-formal education, popular education and of course, community development.

My daughter was the first to wear a P2PU onesie. Let me know if you want one too, they look awesome!

Nico

1 Like

Hi Nico! This is Philip from the Riverview Branch Library. Iā€™d like to get my feet wet in adult programming, which is something I havenā€™t done in awhile since I have been functioning as a Youth Services Librarian. Iā€™d like to select a few courses that I personally might enjoy, as well as courses that the community would like. There are a few areas of study Iā€™d like to see added, such as meditation and world religions. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi! Iā€™m Sophia with Hillsborough County Libraries in Tampa, FL. Iā€™d like to learn how to figure out what topics would garner the most interest, be best received and actually result in regular attendance at my branch. We have both heavy retiree and migrant Spanish speaking populations in my area.

2 Likes

Hello. My name is Wendy Wamsley. Iā€™m currently living in the Tampa, Florida area. Iā€™m just finishing my first training session on Learning Circles. I work at a smaller community library which is part of a very large library system. We are looking forward to possibly including Learning Circles in our future plans for the community.

1 Like