Translation of P2PU courses (into French)

I am moving this discussion into a new thread.

Continuing the discussion from Random stuff for random people:

There is no cost, and you can teach as many students as you like. Please post a link to your course. I’m curious to see what you are covering in the basics of style and etiquette. Continuing the discussion from Please introduce yourself!:

I think @Fajro is interested in localization in Spanish, not French. A localization exists for Spanish, though it may need editing (I’m working on this file, replacing Spanish with French and noticed some gaps).

I agree that the first step to offering courses in Spanish should probably be to have a localized environment for the users to feel comfortable navigating.

Hey @laila_leguen and @Fajro

Great to hear that you are interested in translating the platform!!

We have a rough guide available at https://github.com/p2pu/lernanta/wiki/Translating-Lernanta. Please let us know if anything is unclear or missing there.

We would like to improve the translation process, so any suggestions will be appreciated if you have experience with this.

The lurking already was there… me posting? I blame @Jane and the post about the french translation.

I’d like to help translating for the School of Open but don’t know where to start. Do you have an strategy or something?

I could help translating Lernanta now if you update the Transifex page.

@dirk - how can we get Fajro set up to translate some SOO courses?

@Fajro - which courses are you interested in translating? are you interested in translating the platform/ux as well?

which courses are you interested in translating?

All of them?

are you interested in translating the platform/ux as well?

IMO is much more difficult to form the community necessary for proper localization if the platform is not translated first.

Some questions/ feature requests:

How can I find wich course in spanish is the more active?
Search last active user by language?
Search organizers/participants?

1 Like

Moved the discussion about translation here > http://thepeople.p2pu.org/t/translation-of-p2pu-courses-into-french/207