The Science of Well-Being (Yale University)

What recommendations do you have for other facilitators who are using "The Science of Well-Being"? Consider sharing additional resources you found helpful, activities that worked particularly well, and some reflections on who this course is best suited for. For more information, see this course on P2PU’s course page.

I just came across this extensive article that summarizes the contents of this course and its lectures:

Read This Story and Get Happier
The most popular course at Yale teaches how to be happy. We took it for you.

@Barb_White and @Patrick_Manning hello! Our library system is going to offer a 4-week version of the Science of Well-Being course and we see that Akron-Summit County Public Library offered a 4-week version in April. Did someone happen to create a fabulous Facilitator’s Guide for your series? @Johanna_Lowenberg and I would love to see what you decided to focus on and how it worked out for you - thanks for your help!

Hi Steph.

Our April sessions were cancelled, affected by the Covid response (we were closed as a library).

We are re-introducing this course starting this week. I will pass along any facilitator’s guidance our librarians have created.

Pat

I attended a 6-week virtual learning circle based on this course right at the beginning of the pandemic, hosted by @Ulonda_Slaughter and a few of her colleagues at Charlotte Mecklenburg Library. I know they planned to run it again, and they may have some facilitation materials or insights they can share?

If they didn’t create a facilitation guide for this course, I’d be happy to share records of the weekly reflection emails sent to us participants. They did a great job communicating what we learned and sharing instructions for the next week all via email.

Hey Steph,

Like @Becky_Margraf mentioned, Ulonda Slaughter, myself, and a few others have offered this course as a Learning Circle a few times both during and after the quarantine, and we have a fairly detailed week-by-week breakdown doc you might be interested in reading. I’ll try and link that document here. I think a 4-week version is doable but may require a lot of tweaking since the rewirments in the course require a lot of time investment to be evaluated as habits and in my experience attendees also wanted to spend a lot of our meeting times having discussions–that may impact whether you want to watch the content together or separately. Hope any of this helps!

–Rob
Happiness Learning Circle.pdf (660.3 KB)

1 Like

Y’all are amazing - thank you so much!

Thanks so much for sharing all of this info, Rob!

I’m reposting here all of the insights reports that have been generated from this course so far:

1 Like