Intro to HTML and CSS (Udacity)

What recommendations do you have for other facilitators who are using "Intro to HTML and CSS"? Consider sharing additional resources you found helpful, activities that worked particularly well, and some reflections on who this course is best suited for. For more information, see this course on P2PU’s course page.

Our first attempt at this course was fairly successful. The learners we had wanted to take a slower pace, so we finished the course in 7 weeks (meeting weekly for 1.5 hours). We did have a few people who came to the first meeting and then did not return. My guess is that they felt our pace was going to be slower than they’d like–they seemed to be more experienced/technically skilled than most of those who remained.

The learners elected not to do any work at home, so we completed all of the course exercises during the learning circles.

In my recaps, I usually sent out some additional resources that supplemented what we covered in the meeting. I’m not sure whether anyone used these or did any studying outside of the meetings. A few of the resources were: