Intro to Grants and Foundations (Candid Learning)

What recommendations do you have for other facilitators who are using "Intro to Grants and Foundations"? Consider sharing additional resources you found helpful, activities that worked particularly well, and some reflections on who this course is best suited for. For more information, see this course on P2PU’s course page.

This course received a 5 star rating from a facilitator!

What did you hope to achieve when you signed up to facilitate this learning circle?
help patrons find information on grants and foundations

To what extent did you achieve this?

Did anything about the learning circle surprise you?
People really liked having speakers with expertise in the area

About how many people showed up for the first meeting?

About how many people showed up for the second meeting?

About how many people showed up for the last meeting?

How well did the online course work as a learning circle?

Why did you give the course 5 star(s)?
There was a lot of material available online that worked with the class and we were able to get some good guest speakers

How likely are you to recommend facilitating a learning circle to a friend or colleague?

Why?
It’s fun

This course received a 5 star rating from a participant!

Is there anything else that you learned or achieved during the learning circle?
Finding and researching foundations, grants

Do you feel more confident about what you just learned in Intro to Grants and Foundations ?

How do you intend to apply what you learned?
To support my immigrant community center’s programming

How well did the online course work as a learning circle?

Why did you give the course 5 star/stars?
The online resources shared and speakers brought in were really helpful guides. I appreciate the variety of learning material (from the one session I attended anyway).

How likely are you to recommend participating in a learning circle to a friend or colleague?

Why?
This session was short but comprehensive, intimate, and flexible to people’s needs. As opposed to other online learning sources, I appreciated that this was tied to a local organization & thus more applicable to local learners.

course
Intro to Grants and Foundations