HTML/CSS from Udacity or Khan Academy?

Hey everyone. I’m hoping to get some feedback from the facilitator community. After doing some passive surveying my community has expressed the most interest in a coding or computer science related course. I’m thinking a basic HTML/CSS course would be good, and I’m trying to decide between Udacity’s and Khan Academy’s HTML/CSS courses. Can I get some feedback from anyone that’s used one of these courses?

I like that Udacity paces their course, giving an estimated time for completion for each section. However, Khan Academy’s seems more thorough. It also doesn’t have any pacing/time indicators, so I’m also wondering specifically for that course how many meetings were initially scheduled.

Honestly any input is appreciated. Both seem like they’d be good.

1 Like

Hi @Marsha

Good question. I think either would be fine: both are free, both are probably about 8-10 hours of total work, and both are project-based. The Udacity course is quite popular for learning circles - @Joseck_Kweya has run learning circles with it 7 or 8 times.

One thing to note about the Codeacademy course - looking at the website, it seems that they’ve separated out HTML from CSS, so the course you’d be using wouldn’t get into CSS. This means people might be doing some less styling, but as the syntax for CSS is different than HTML it could be simpler.

All things considered, I would probably use the Udacity course.

1 Like