Getting Started with Microsoft Excel (Virtual) - Parts I & II (Lynda)

What recommendations do you have for other facilitators who are using "Getting Started with Microsoft Excel (Virtual) - Parts I & II"? Consider sharing additional resources you found helpful, activities that worked particularly well, and some reflections on who this course is best suited for. For more information, see this course on P2PU’s course page.

This course received a 3 star rating from a facilitator!

Did anything about the learning circle surprise you?
The connections that the attendees made with each other. Seeing an checking in with each other each week was a fundamental part of the course, which made it more open for them to learn and ask questions.

Do you have any stories from the learning circle you want to share with the P2PU community?
We had an attendee join us from all the way in California, and this person was so dedicated to the class, that they stayed with us even during an earthquake!

You recorded in your weekly feedback that 8 participant(s) attended the first meeting. Is this correct?
Yes

About how many people showed up for the last meeting?

How well did the online course work as a learning circle?

Why did you give the course 3 star(s)?
Accessibility could have been better, and the videos from Lynda were blurry

How likely are you to recommend facilitating a learning circle to a friend or colleague?

Why?
The connections people are making now in the online format are essential, because they might otherwise not have a way to do so. Helps people not feel so isolated during the pandemic, and also gives them an opportunity to learn a new skill. 2 of our attendees are directly using the new knowledge for their jobs.

course
Getting Started with Microsoft Excel (Virtual) - Parts I & II

goal
My goal is to pilot a variety of learning circles in the virtual environment to see if there are any programs better suited to the format, and also collaborate with others to navigate these new waters.

This course received a rating from a participant!

Is there anything else that you learned or achieved during the learning circle?
charts

Do you feel more confident about what you just learned in Getting Started with Microsoft Excel (Virtual) - Parts I & II ?

How do you intend to apply what you learned?
household budget, job skills

Why did you give the course 4 star/stars?
I never engaged with P2PU for the Excel class - seems like there’s a lot there and I may check it out in the future.

How likely are you to recommend participating in a learning circle to a friend or colleague?

Why?
lots of resources for free!!!

This course received a rating from a participant!

Do you feel more confident about what you just learned in Getting Started with Microsoft Excel (Virtual) - Parts I & II ?

How do you intend to apply what you learned?
N/A

Why did you give the course 1 star/stars?
I didn’t had the opportunity to go through all the course

How likely are you to recommend participating in a learning circle to a friend or colleague?

Why?
Enroll very late