Childhood in Digital Age (Open University)

What recommendations do you have for other facilitators who are using "Childhood in Digital Age"? Consider sharing additional resources you found helpful, activities that worked particularly well, and some reflections on who this course is best suited for. For more information, see this course on P2PU’s course page.

This course received a 5 star rating from a participant!

What did you hope to achieve when you joined this learning circle?
I wanted to observe what a learning circle might look like and how it might be structured.

To what extent did you achieve this?

Is there anything else that you learned or achieved during the learning circle?
I especially appreciated learning about the evolutionary factors that impact our social circles.

Do you feel more confident about what you just learned in Childhood in Digital Age ?

How do you intend to apply what you learned?
I would like to further explore how the games and resources that children are already accessing could be used in conjunction with their education.

How well did the online course work as a learning circle?

Why did you give the course 5 star/stars?
The structure of independent reading and group viewing videos with discussion made a lot of sense for this course. I think the presenters did a great job including thought provoking questions clearly and incorporating additional information to make the course more local.

How likely are you to recommend participating in a learning circle to a friend or colleague?

Why?
I intend to facilitate a learning circle soon. I think that peer education is the true way forward for education.

course
Childhood in Digital Age

To learn more about how children’s learning are effected by digital technology

How digital tech can be used for good and positive educational experiences in so many different ways. It’s not all bad.

Do you feel more confident about what you just learned in Childhood in Digital Age ?

Seek more ways my child can access websites and apps for educational materials and resources.

The participants and the facilitators all brought different perspectives to the Learning Circle that taught me so much.

How likely are you to recommend participating in a learning circle to a friend or colleague?

Why?
You can always learn something new. This learning circle definitely taught me a lot of new information I would not have sought out or would have found on my own.

course
Childhood in Digital Age

This course received a 3 star rating from a participant!

A starting point to both understand how learning circles work and how to program within a library setting for families seeking resources for dealing with screen time.

A broader sense of the issues involved in the screen time debate.

Deeper conversations with parents, resource sharing, perhaps facilitation of a learning circle.

Why did you give the course 3 star/stars?
I thought the quality of questions posed within the course could have been much more conversation-stimulating - in most cases, I found them to be more stifling than stimulating. The materials were good though.

Why?
Learning in a group increases quality!

course
Childhood in Digital Age

To have a better idea how the digital is entering the live of our kids in an early age.

There are many more studies to be done to see how the digital world can affect and benefit our kids

Moderation in using technologies, be the most as I can beside my 2nd grader girl to see if she really understand what she is doing.

The way it is organized, give us the opportunity to explore more on the topic and we were able to share our perceptions … on good questions.

Why?
I think as a parent, as a teacher, as everybody involved with kids, it is good to take a moment in our live to think about this kind of topic.

course
Childhood in Digital Age