Basic Computer Skills (wisc-online)

What recommendations do you have for other facilitators who are using "Basic Computer Skills"? Consider sharing additional resources you found helpful, activities that worked particularly well, and some reflections on who this course is best suited for. For more information, see this course on P2PU’s course page.

When facilitating Basic computer skills,one need to go an extra mile especially when dealing with learners that have never interacted with computers.For instance, the period of six weeks is not enough,kindly create more time for your learners. This will help them learn a lot. I also give them assignments and simple exams in order to monitor their progress

Basic computer skills is the most popular learning circle that I have facilitated. The target group has been the young adults without prior computer skills.

One has to go an extra mile in explaining some of the concepts, give time for practicals and at the end of each unit give some assignments.

I have always been been extending the duration initially set to cover the whole module.

Videos were downloaded in advance to avoid delays during circle meeting.

This course received a rating from a facilitator!

Did anything about the learning circle surprise you?
The enthusiasm from the participants was so high through out

Do you have any stories from the learning circle you want to share with the P2PU community?
The participants were so excited some of them came in twice week instead of once a week. They are eagerly waiting to start another circle

About how many people showed up for the first meeting?

About how many people showed up for the second meeting?

About how many people showed up for the last meeting?

How well did the online course work as a learning circle?

Why did you give the course 5 star(s)?
It’s what these participants needed. They had never had any computer skills before the course

How likely are you to recommend facilitating a learning circle to a friend or colleague?

Why?
They are interesting and provide a great world of information to both the facilitators and participants

course
Basic Computer Skills

goal
Pass basic computer skills to senior four students on vacation