Creative Doodling (Pam Garrison)

What recommendations do you have for other facilitators who are using "Creative Doodling"? Consider sharing additional resources you found helpful, activities that worked particularly well, and some reflections on who this course is best suited for. For more information, see this course on P2PU’s course page.

I have a question about this course. It looks like I have to sign up for a free trial to view the videos. As a facilitator, will the attendees also have to sign up for a free trial to view the videos or can I just sign up and screen share with them?

Hi @Nida_Pholananta,

Great question! Our course page listed courses that are added by our wider community and we aim to keep this course list full of courses that are free and open-access. However, the Creative Doodling course was added by someone who had a paid subscription to Creative Bug through their library. So, in that way, it may not be a good course to use as you and your learners might run into roadblocks in accessing the videos, such as having videos or content disappear, or requiring credit card information. We do not recommend using courses for learning circles that require participants to pay to access the content.

That being said, their website states that this course is part of a “free cross-sample” of their classes, so you and attendees may not need to sign up to view the sample videos. Looking around the web, there may be some other video playlists about doodling, or asking your colleagues for advice on similar subjects might be helpful too. Alternatively, start with the free demo videos and be prepared to look elsewhere for additional content as a group.

I hope you find some doodlin’ resources that are helpful for your learning circle when you’re ready :slight_smile:

Nico

This course received a 5 star rating from a facilitator!

Did anything about the learning circle surprise you?
This was my first time facilitating a learning circle. I wouldn’t say it was a surprise but I had about 18 people sign up but only 10 consistently came to the meetings.

Do you have any stories from the learning circle you want to share with the P2PU community?
Our group learned about a volunteer opportunity from one of the participants where we could use our doodling skills to create personalized greetings cards and adult color pages for older adults in senior care facilities.

About how many people showed up for the first meeting?

About how many people showed up for the second meeting?

About how many people showed up for the last meeting?

How well did the online course work as a learning circle?

Why did you give the course 5 star(s)?
The course was easy to follow and soothing to watch.

How likely are you to recommend facilitating a learning circle to a friend or colleague?

Why?
This was a fun way to not have to be the expert in anything and to learn along with the participants.

This course received a 5 star rating from a participant!

Is there anything else that you learned or achieved during the learning circle?
It was a nice way to socialize and relax at the same time.

Do you feel more confident about what you just learned in Creative Doodling ?

How do you intend to apply what you learned?
I’m going to make a point of having paper and pens, in more visible and accessible places, to encourage me to doodle more.

How well did the online course work as a learning circle?

Why did you give the course 5 star/stars?
Nida did a great job; the course videos were well done and enjoyable, and just the right amount of time. I enjoyed meeting the other participants, too.

How likely are you to recommend participating in a learning circle to a friend or colleague?

Why?
I think it’s a wonderful resource for people to socialize and learn a new skill, at the same time.

I really enjoyed viewing the videos for this course. If my library branch gets a subscription to Creative Bug, would I be able to add a different drawing class into P2PU’s course catalog? Hmm, maybe I should inquire with Creative Bug first?