Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies (Berkeley University of California)

What recommendations do you have for other facilitators who are using "Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies"? Consider sharing additional resources you found helpful, activities that worked particularly well, and some reflections on who this course is best suited for. For more information, see this course on P2PU’s course page.

This course received a rating from a facilitator!

When you signed up, we asked what you hoped to achieve by facilitating a learning circle, and you wrote “Increased knowledge about various cryptocurrencies, how the blockchain works, and the future of currency.”. To what extent did you achieve this?

Did anything about the learning circle surprise you?
How many people signed up for the course. There is apparently a lot of interest in the topic.

Do you have any stories from the learning circle you want to share with the P2PU community?
I had one person from my previous course that joined up again. Other than that, everyone was new. Most people were from around my area, but I had more than a few people that are from different countries.

Although most things can be trickier online (through Zoom) it does make people joining from outside the country a little easier. I think I might do some kind of hybrid class next time (Zoom and in person). That way, if people can’t make it in person, they can still participate virtually.

I think that this class went really well. There were 1 or 2 weeks that were more technical and harder to get through, but I think that the information in all of them was still great. There is obviously a lot of interest in the topic. I will be looking for more classes like this in the future.

You recorded in your weekly feedback that 11 participant(s) attended the first meeting. Is this correct?
Yes

You recorded in your weekly feedback that 9 participant(s) attended the second meeting. Is this correct?
Yes

About how many people showed up for the last meeting?

How well did the online course work as a learning circle?

Why did you give the course 4 star(s)?
The course was excellent. However, I feel like some of the weeks were out of order. Certain weeks would have done better at the end rather than towards the beginning. (Week 3 was particularly technical and a little overwhelming for most of the class). It’s also (surprisingly) a little outdated already (even though the class is from 2018). The cryptocurrency field has changed tremendously in just the past few years.

How likely are you to recommend facilitating a learning circle to a friend or colleague?

Why?
It’s a great way to learn and pick interesting topics. I am also allowed to choose subjects outside of my section at the library and I really appreciate that. I’ve made a few friends/acquaintances through these programs already. I like the format.

This course received a rating from a participant!

Is there anything else that you learned or achieved during the learning circle?
I learned about Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies with a great group of people.

Do you feel more confident about what you just learned in Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies ?

How do you intend to apply what you learned?
Yes; I may even re-take the class. I had a lot of fun.

How well did the online course work as a learning circle?

Why did you give the course 5 star/stars?
The group was knowledgable, entertaining, and overall well put together.

How likely are you to recommend participating in a learning circle to a friend or colleague?

Why?
These small groups are a great way for adults to learn new skills and converse with others while learning.